Monday, August 11, 2014

How I Read Multiple Books at a Time


Hey Bookaholics!

So recently I've been powering through 5 books at one time and I've had some people ask me how I manage it!

It's simple really! First & most important for me is to choose books that don't really have anything in common. So it doesn't get confusing!

I'm currently reading:

  • Bloodlines by Richelle Mead
  • The Night Circus by Erin Morgenstern
  • Ready, Player One by Ernest Cline
  • Me & Earl & the Dying Girl by Jesse Andrews
  • Percy Jackson & the Last Olympian by Rick Riordan
Not much in common between these books!

After selecting my books, I calculate how much I want to read a day. I can normally get in about 300 pages a day. I also take into consideration how much I want to get accomplished in a particular book, for example, if I want to get a particular page count or section done for a read-a-long!

So I'm reading about 25-30 pages for the first three books, they are for read-a-longs. And I split up the remaining page count between the final two books!

Once I've determined how many pages per book per day to read I mark them with bright colorful sticky notes! Then read to those pages and switch books! It definitely keeps things from getting boring!

It's as simple as that (though as I read through this it seems more complicated than it actually is!).  Thanks for reading! If there is something you would like to see here or on my BookTube channel ( https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCWn5OuUtfX7pS0coG2K7-tg ) please don't be afraid to let me know!

Until next time bookaholics!

Tressa

No comments:

Post a Comment